Home Family Art Homemade Frugal Living Travel

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Beach and Smoothies, nap not optional

My mom called this morning while I was in the middle of looking for a lost pattern needed to make shirts which I was planning to ship to Rachel's Seamstress Services who is making my maternity clothes. At one point I must have wanted to do some dishes because water was running over the sink edge onto the floor. I had bill software open and may have been trying to input receipts. I guess you could say pregnancy has muddled my brain. Mom convinced me to just drop everything and go to the beach so at 10:30 we took off.

Upon arrival Charlotte fell asleep and since naps are hard to come by I let her nap in the car for 45 minutes while surfing the internet on my phone.

She woke up at noon so we stopped at the boardwalk for pizza and coffee. I've never been to the boardwalk shops before and they are expensive! First I had to pay $2.99 fee at the ATM, then $4.25 for a slice of pizza and $4.50 for an iced latte - where at least they had a decent baby changing station! Ever try changing a diaper on the beach - it's like handling a greased pig! Seriously, if you are somewhere as cool as the beach would you want to be striped and held down for 30 seconds? Neither does she.

Onto the beach:
Camera battery died so remaining photos are from iPhone




She found some kind of blue thimble thing that fit perfectly on her index finger:

We left at 2 and spent the rest of the afternoon waiting for nap time to arrive. Defeated at every turn I finally made a fruit smoothie at 4. Charlotte's Mema taught her to drink from a straw in Texas and it's proven very beneficial. I used to spoon feed smoothies which resulted in her getting bored after a few bites but today she sat on my lap and drank the entire smoothie with me!!!

MANGO, STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE

1 ripe mango, discard skin (potato peeler works great to remove skin), cut off all mango from core
5 frozen strawberries
1/4 cup milk
1 Tablespoon wheat germ (has fiber and folic acid)
2 scoops of vanilla ice cream (can substitute plain yogurt if needs to be healthier)
Sprinkle of cinnamon

Blend in blender for 1 minute.

If you try the smoothie, let me know how it tastes! I couldn't even taste the wheat germ.

5pm - out of desperation I put her in bed and shut the door. Five minutes of howling and then silence. See mom knows when a nap is needed! I have no idea if she's in her bed - probably on the floor.

ps. found on floor in yoga child's pose at 6:20

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi there, rachel!

iPhone pics are always great. your daughter is adorable and now, another on the way?! wow!

yes, i do believe it is FINALLY spring here, thank goodness. it's been LONG winter which, as a former Northerner, I feel foolish complaining about, but still. I am!

I've missed seeing your comments. Glad to see you again :-)

R. Molder said...

Hi Jeannie - it takes me awhile to get caught up on blogs sometimes! Glad to see you over here too!

crazywildberry said...

Sounds like you had more than Mommy brain going on there. However, I am so glad that your mother called and you went to the beach. Sounds like you just needed to rest your mind for a little while.

Pictures are so sweet!